(Effective Date: February 28, 2022)
The Centre for Global Inclusion (“The Centre”) is committed to protecting our Clients’, Users’, Donors’ and Partners’ privacy
Please read the following to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting The Centre’s website, subscribing to The Centre’s newsletter, and submitting any information to The Centre by email, phone or through other means, you accept and consent to the process and practices described in this Policy.
We may modify this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will provide notice to you by publishing the most current version and revising the date at the top of this page. If we make any material change to this Policy, we will provide additional notice to you, such as by sending you an email or displaying a prominent notice on The Centre’s website.
You may at any time request that we update, correct, or delete your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and making your specific request. Additionally:
- S. State Privacy Rights. Certain U.S. states (including, but not limited to, California, Colorado, Illinois, and Virginia) provide their state residents with additional legal rights concerning their personal information. If you are a resident of one of these states and are using The Centre’s website, you have the right to: (i) have The Centre disclose further details on the categories and pieces of personal information that we have collected about you; (ii) have The Centre disclose information on what personal information we plan on collecting about you before we collect it; (iii) opt out of our marketing and/or analytics activities; (iv) have The Centre delete any personal information which we have collected about you; (v) ensure that The Centre does not sell your personal information; and (vi) ensure that The Centre provides you with equal services without discrimination (The Centre does not discriminate against any user in providing access to its Services).
Please note that we do not alter our website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you would like to make a state-law-related request, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to the request, and that we have thirty (30) days to respond to you.
- Your Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), please see the following sections of this Policy for a list of the legitimate business reasons why we collect and use your personal information. Under the GDPR you have certain additional data protection rights, including the right to: (i) access, update, or delete the information we have collected on you; (ii) have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete; (iii) object to our processing of your personal information; (iv) request that we restrict the processing of your personal information; (v) be provided with a copy of your personal information in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used (i.e., data-portable) format; (vi) withdraw your consent at any time where The Centre relied on your consent to process your personal information; and (vii) complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information on how to lodge such a complaint, please contact your local data protection authority in your EEA Member State.
If you would like to make a GDPR-related request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to the request, and that we have one month to respond to you.
Information collected and used by us
We will express our intentions clearly if we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website. We will clearly express our reasons to collect personal information and explain why it is necessary to collect the information and how we intend to use it.
We acknowledge your personal information ownership rights. The Centre will never sell or rent your personal information or use details about you for any purpose other than as described below. To:
- provide you with information on our products and services that you request from us;
- provide you with information about other services;
- authenticate your identity, display your account information, respond to your comments, questions, and requests, facilitate your interaction with The Centre’s website, and provide customer service and support;
- support and enhance our data security measures, including for the purposes of preventing and mitigating the risks of fraud, error, or any illegal or prohibited activity;
- comply with applicable laws and respond to legal requests;
- perform contracts we may have with third parties, including, but not limited to, business partners, government bodies, suppliers, and sub-contractors;
- notify you about updates to The Centre’s projects, offerings, events, activities, and educational programs; and
- carry out any other purposes described to you at the time that we collect the information.
If you are in a jurisdiction that requires a specific legal basis for processing personal data, our legal basis for collecting and using the information described in this Policy will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it but will fall into one or more of the above categories.
Note: Those interested in offering their comments to our posted articles digitally or in hardcopy will be requested to enter their name and email address. We collect such information, as well as information you provide when you communicate on our website. This enables The Centre to be able to verify and respond to the comment as applicable.
The information collected will be used to administer our site for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical purposes. The information will also be used to allow you to participate in The Centre’s website interactive features.
When you interact with The Centre’s website, The Centre will request and receive your personal data. For example, The Centre will request and receive your information if you:
- Sign up to receive the Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Benchmarks (“GDEIB”) newsletter and emails from The Centre;
- Fill in a contact form online via The Centre’s website forms (http://centreforglobalinclusion.org) or Invitation links.
- Register for The Centre events or events The Centre is working in collaboration;
- Enquire about The Centre’s products or services, and during your correspondence with The Centre by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- Access the password-protected areas of the website; or
- Report a problem or provide feedback on our website.
Visitors to our website
The Centre’s website uses a third-party service to collect aggregate and log information and details of website visitor behavior patterns. We do this to evaluate the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone; personally identifiable information is not collected. We do not make, and do not allow our third-party service providers to make, any attempt to discover the identities of those visiting our website.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for any of the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information as described below:
- To our vendors, consultants, agents, contractors, or other service providers;
- To provide you with any information or services that you request;
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, and other legal process, or as otherwise required by law;
- To exercise The Centre’s legal rights or defend The Centre against legal claims, to enforce our contracts, to investigate, respond to and resolve problems or inquiries (including governmental inquiries), or to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- In connection with an actual or potential merger, sale, acquisition, assignment, or transfer of all or part of our assets, affiliates, lines of business, or products and services, including at bankruptcy; or
- With your consent.
How is your personal data protected?
We secure your personal information using industry-standard physical, procedural, and technical measures designed to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access, disclosure, or destruction of information. However, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Centre’s website and provide us with your information at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your personal information is no longer secure (for example, your website account password may have been compromised), please immediately email us at email@example.com.
Where is your personal data stored?
The data that we collect from you is stored on a data base at The Centre’s registered locality in North Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. The data is stored on a hard drive at and on the Cloud, which is also secured by our website’s hosting provider, HostGator (https://www.hostgator.com/ ). We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and that no transfer of your personal information will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place regarding the security of your information.
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please note that, except as required by applicable law or our specific agreements with you, we will not be obligated to retain your personal information for any particular period and we are free to securely delete it or restrict access to it for any reason and at any time, with or without notice to you.
Access to Personal Information
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, that you can access it, and request any corrections to it.
Our site may contain links to and from websites of our partners, alliances or sponsors. These third-party websites may have their own privacy policies, The Centre cannot vouch or take any responsibility or liability for any third-party organization’s privacy policies. Please read their privacy policies before you submit any personal information to their websites.
We also strive to ensure that we comply with this policy to reduce data breaches. However, should we become aware of a data breach involving personally identifiable information, The Centre will in a reasonably timely manner notify the individual concerned after we became aware of said incident.
Website Terms and Conditions:
Use of the Center’s websites is governed by the provisions contained in the Terms and Conditions. Your use, or access, of this website constitutes your agreement to be bound by those provisions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THIS WEBSITE.